Agricultural Seed Suppliers
Our large portfolio of arable crops offers an extensive choice to UK farmers of competitive varieties of cereals, oilseeds and pulses.
Catch and Cover Crops
Select a variety category:
Viterra® Green Manure
The undemanding drought tollerant blend, RAPS is a mix of Phacelia ANGELIA, flax ZOLTAN, Persian and Egyptian clover. An ideal partner to brassica and cereal rotations, this blend is crucifer free, drought tollerant and not related to the main production crops so disrupts the disease cycle whilst improving soil struture. The Phacelia and flax flowers provide nectar for bird and insects and the mix freezes off reliably for easier preperation for the following crop.
- Frost susceptible Green manure - no crucifers or cereals
- Phacelia, Linseed and Clovers
- Ideal for OSR and vegetable brassica rotations
This grass blend of Italian and German ryegrass is designed for undersowing of maize crops. Vigourous Italian ryegrass combined with later German ryegrass ensure good growth throughout the season. UNTERSAAT stabilises the soil protecting it from errosiona nd run off over winter and binds any remaining available nitrogen.
- Undersowing Maize blend
- Blend of Ryegrass stabilises soil during maize growth and after harvest
- Protects soil from erosion
An annual bee/fallow mix for agricultural environmental areas that is free from Crucifers and grasses for more varied rotations. BIENE is a blend of 11 components selected for their biodiverse properties with a long flowering period
- Annual Bee/Insect mix - Crucifer and grass free
- Blend with 11 different components
- Rapidly establishing
This visually pleasing blend of over 40 individual varieties combine to provide a source of nectar and pollen for bees, butterflies and insects. BLUHZAUBER flowers continuously from May into autumn improving the image of the landscape where it is sown.
- Wildflower mixture
- Over 40 varieties with different colors and shapes
- Source of nectar for bees and insects *not suitable for broad acre sowings*
A specially selected blend of different species, this mix is designed to improve and enhance the soil. POTATO is a combination of species designed to improve soil structure and enrich it for optimum health prior to intensive potato cultivation. Blue Lupin ILDIGO and common vetch improve the nitrate availability in the soil while oil radish CONTROL penetrates the soil with its deep roots opening up the structure. Saia oat PRATEX and flax JULIET provide rapid inital develpment offering soil protection whilst knitting the soil surface together to reduce erosion.
- Soil fertility blend for light to medium soils with medium pH values
- Multi resistant and nematode resistant oil radishes plus Saia oat, Blue lupins and Linseed
A profesional blend designed for high performance nematode control. RUBE is a mix of 2 nematode resistant oil radishes and white mustards selected for their optimum control characteristics. A high plant density of 160 plants/m2 allows active nemetode control at the highest level. RUBE is suited for mid to late sowings across all soil types with its roots penetrating deep into the lower soil layers to reduce nematodes deep in the profile.
- Blend for active control of BCN
- Nematode resistant oil radishes and nematode resistant white mustard
This frost sensitive green manure blend is ideally suited to later sowings in arable rotations. TRIO is ideal for areas coming out of cereals and going into sugar/beetroot cropping. It is fast to establish with a mixture of root sizes throughout the profile. Its components reliably freeze down to leave a mulch base that offers good erosion protection untill sowing in spring.
- Green manure crop
- Phacelia, clover, BCN oil radish
- Sugar beet, maize, OSR and cereals
- Green manure crop - no legumes
- Black oat and BCN oil radish
- Maize, sugar beet, potatoes and cereals
This crucifer free over winter cover blend is suitable for sowing in a wide variety of situations. UNIVERSAL WINTER is an evergreen crop which is fast to establish. Its non inclusuion of crufifer and legume species make it an ideal over winter cover for rotations of spring planted brassica and legume crops. It quickly binds nitrogen in the soil protecting groundwater and stabilises soil structure reducing over winter erosion.
- Frost hardy green manure - no crucifers or legumes
- Saia oat, ryegrass and phacelia
- Ideal for OSR/vegetable brassica rotations where over winter cover is required
An excellent whole crop blend for biomass/silage production after an early cereal harvest. GRANOLEG maintains soil tilth over summer and contains a summer field pea that provides aditional nitrogen for the stressed soil that keeps its cereal partners greener for longer.
- Whole crop cereal blend with vetch
- Triticale, rye, Saia oats, oats and field pea
- Ideal for low fertility sites
An annual bee/fallow mix for agricultural environmental areas. MULTIKULTI consists of 12 species selected for their good biodiversity and useage. The roots penetrate the soil at different levels stabilising the structure and its 'grass free' nature allows for easier cultivations further in the rotation.
- Diverse flowing mix - no grasses
- Ideal for bee pastures/verges
- Stablises and protects soil
This winter hardy biomass blend is suitable for both cover and fodder use. WICKROGGEN is a mix of MATADOR rye and winter vetch. The rye is fast to establish and grows aggressively with an extensive root structure and high biomass. This is complemented by the vetch which improves soil fertility and improves the performance of the rye also fixing nitrogen to be available for the following crop. Ideal for late sowing, it can be used in rotations before brassica, beet and cereal crops.
- Winter hardy whole crop blend
- Winter rye and vetch
- Ideal for late sowing
The high performance blend for intensive cropping programs, INTENSIV is a mix of two very powerful varieties for optimum performance. An excellent combination of multi resistant oil radish DEFENDER and Saia oat PRATEX make it a power house for the improvement and stabilisation of soil structure, weed suppression and improvement of organic matter. DEFENDER maintains the positive nemetode control atributes of multi resistant radish combined with the control of Pratylenchus spp. from PRATEX. Suitable for inclusion in all crop rotations with particular benefit to potato, beet and intensive root crop rotations.
- Recovery mix for intensive root vegetable and potato crop rotations
- Saia oat and multi-resistant oil radish
- Impressive effect on stabilising soil structure and catching nutrients
An excellent whole crop blend for biomass/silage production after an early cereal harvest. GRANOPUR maintains soil tilth over summer and is idealy suited to subsequent following potato and vegetable rotations. With no crucifers or legumes it allows more flexibility in the following rotation.
- Excellent whole crop cereal blend
- Triticale, rye and Saia oat
- Rapidly establishing
A crucifer free, fast growing green manure/cover blend. UNIVERSAL is a mix of Phacelia ANGELIA and Saia oat PRATEX combined with clover and Vetch. With a wide sowing window from April to September, it is suitable for late spring to late summer sown cover that provides dense ground cover supressing weeds. the inclusion of legumes can help to improve soil notrogen and when planted early can help to retain soil moisture over the summer. Suitable for brassica, beet and cereal rotations. A legume free version is also available for pea/bean crop rotations.
- Frost susceptible green manure - no crucifers
- Phacelia, Saia oat and Clovers
- Ideal for OSR and vegetable brassica rotations