Agricultural Seed Suppliers
Our large portfolio of arable crops offers an extensive choice to UK farmers of competitive varieties of cereals, oilseeds and pulses.
Elsoms Wheat is a wheat breeding collaboration between European plant breeders, Nordsaat, ASUR and Elsoms Seeds. The breeding programme draws on genetics and skills from all three companies to breed new varieties of wheat specifically for the UK market's individual maritime climate. The responsive, innovative and forward-thinking approach from Elsoms Wheat presents a strong pipeline of promising new varieties, which have performed well in extensive trials and compete with major breeders in the UK wheat market.
Select a variety category:
Winter Wheat (Soft)
This low-risk variety performs well in later drilling situations, giving farmers more flexibility in ever-more challenging winters.
- Approved for biscuit, distilling and export
- Flexible drilling window (Sept to mid-Feb)
- Well suited to second wheat
- Performs well on heavy soil
- High specific weight
- High Hagberg
A Group 4 soft wheat with a strong agronomic package and suitable for distilling, making it a very competitive variety choice
- High yielding soft wheat, ideal for distilling and export
- Short strawed with robust standing power
- Excellent resistance to yellow rust
A Group 3 soft wheat with widespread industry support, combining group topping yields with excellent all-round disease resistance
- The UK's market leading Group 3 in the East and West
- Excellent Septoria tritici and yellow rust resistance
- Widespread industry support, domestic and export