Make Your Own Chinese Pork Cabbage Cups
Chinese Pork Cabbage Cups with Toasted Cashews and Hoisin Sauce
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- 500g pork mince
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 bunch of coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- A thumb of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Hispi cabbage, leaves separated, 1/2 shredder and 1/2 cut into triangle shapes for serving
- 4 spring onions, shredded, plus extra to serve
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 150g fine noodles, cooked and chopped into small lengths
- 2 handfuls of cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the pork, chilli, coriander, ginger and garlic and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir fry until the pork is browned and cooked through.
- Add the hoisin, five spice, soy, vinegar, sesame oil, shredded cabbage, spring onions and water.
- Cook for a minute or so until the cabbage has wilted.
- Adjust the seasoning as necessary and stir in the chopped noodles, and heat through.
- To serve, put the pork mixture onto a serving platter, scatter over some chopped red chilli, shredded spring onions and cashew nuts.
- Serve with some cooked rice and use the triangles of Hispi cabbage to scoop up the pork mixture.